What is Machine learning
in simple words-“Machine learning is the science of getting computers to learn and act like humans do, and improve their learning over time in autonomous fashion by feeding them data and information in the form of observations and real-world interactions.”
Machine learning is an application of artificial intelligence (AI) that provides systems the ability to automatically learn and improve from experience without being explicitly programmed. Machine learning focuses on the development of computer programs that can access data and use it learn for themselves using statistical techniques.
Why Machine Learning:
Develop systems that can automatically adapt and customize their behavior based on individual users
Ability to mimic human tasks and replace certain monotonous activities which requires some intelligence. Discover new knowledge from large databases (data mining).
Programming Languages for Machine Learning:
Following are some of the most popular programming languages being used to implement machine learning algorithms:
Utilization of Machine Learning in our daily life:
- Search Engine Result Refining
- Google and other search engines use machine learning to improve the search results for you.
- Virtual Personal Assistants
- Siri, Alexa, Google Now are some of the popular examples of virtual personal assistants.
- Social Media Services
- Face Recognition: You upload a picture of you with a friend and Facebook instantly recognizes that friend.
- Predictions while Commuting
- Traffic Predictions: We all have been using GPS navigation services. While we do that, our current locations and velocities are being saved at a central server for managing traffic.
- Online Customer Support
- A number of websites nowadays offer the option to chat with customer support representative while they are navigating within the site. However, not every website has a live executive to answer your queries. In most of the cases, you talk to a chatbot.
- Product Recommendations
- You shopped for a product online few days back and then you keep receiving emails for shopping suggestions. If not this, then you might have noticed that the shopping website or the app recommends you some items that somehow matches with your taste